The Samsung Note 8 is one of the most anticipated releases of 2017 for phones – and it lives up to the hype. There’s so much you can do with it between editing video, playing games, experiencing virtual reality…you get the point. But we’ve compiled some Samsung Note 8 Tips and Tricks that will take you up to a power user.
Samsung Note 8 Tips and Tricks – S Pen
The S Pen is more than just a stylus – it is an exceptional accessory and a sensitive tool which gives you access to several unique features which other smartphones are yet to come up with. Besides than just being able to use it for coloring or opening and operating apps there are a lot more features in S Pen of Note 8.
- ‘Live Message’ is one of the coolest among the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tips and tricks. The Live Message feature lets you type your favorite message with the S Pen which then gets animated with glitters. The message can be saved and sent later or you can send it instantly to any messaging app that is installed on your Note 8. You can also customize with your own photo as the background.
- You can write on Note 8 screen with the S Pen while the screen is off. While this is a feature that was introduced in the Note 7 it has been made better than ever. While you can write using the S Pen on your screen you can pin a note to always on display and can even save it and re-pin it to elongate the list.
Samsung Note 8 Tips and Tricks – Camera
The front camera of Note 8 is megapixel autofocus while the dual rear cameras are 12 megapixels each. One 12 inch camera has a wide-angle lens with OIS support and a f/1.7 aperture and the other is a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with a f/2.4 aperture. The telephoto lens also supports OIS and offers 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom.
- A trick that you ought to know is the ‘Live Focus’ lets you take images with ‘bokeh’ effect – the subject remains in the focus while the background is blurred. The effect of blur can be adjusted accordingly before or after the image has been taken. In fact, you get two images when it is in ‘Live Focus’, the first one is the bokeh effect image and the other is the wide angle picture which lets an individual get two separate shots in one click.
- The dual camera of Note 8 happens to be the first of its kind to offer optical image stabilization which means along with the ability to take clear pictures of moving objects the images are clear.
Samsung Note 8 Tips and Tricks – Other Features
There’s literally hundreds of small features built into this powerhouse device. We’re discovering more every day but here’s a few that are noteworthy.
- As its security options, Note 8 offers facial recognition, iris scanner and a fingerprint scanner which is located at the rear of the smartphone. You can store all the passwords in Samsung Pass as you get out of the box support for it.
- Multitasking with Note 8 has been made easier. Besides just opening two apps in one screen you can now link them together. For instance, you can link WhatsApp and YouTube together and then when you need to see the notifications or work on them you can open them both with a single tap.
- The finger print sensor has been featured towards the rear of the smartphone just like S8. Those who are using just one hand to operate the Note 8 can simply drop down the notification panel by swiping the sensor down and to withdraw it back swipe up.
At the end of the day, if you are willing to spend the cash on the Note 8 – you’ll be happy with the purchase. However, there is speculation that the price will drop significantly in the coming months. Let us know what you think of the Samsung Note 8! Are you an Apple fan? Check out the first impressions of the iPhone X here.